Thanksgiving is around the corner, and what better way to prepare for your family and guests than by familiarizing yourself with a few helpful tips to get you through the Holiday.
1. Start 2-3 days out with dicing your onions, garlic, carrots, celery, etc. Keep them in Ziploc bags or in airtight containers to maintain freshness.
2. Make sure all of your side dishes are done the day before. This reduces the stress of having to cook a big meal on the actual day. Now you can focus on the Turkey!
3. Have lots of chicken or turkey stock on hand. Stock can be used to baste the turkey and make gravy. It can also be used to make sure your stuffing is very moist.
4. Go for what you know by serving a couple of dishes that you know how to make just in case you mess up the turkey. That way, you will still have something good to eat.
5. Have Fun! By all means, enjoy this time with your family and friends. Don’t stress out over the little things, as minor mishaps make for great stories years from now. Embrace the warmth of the season and have a great time apart from your kitchen stove top!